Home Decorating and Styling Tips
By: Michelle Dinsmore, Head – Visual Merchandising, Home Centre
Latest Tableware Trend
- If you like simple and clean tableware – use monochrome tableware in grey and white with marble, concrete, glass and stainless steel for a modern look.
- Layer a table setting with stainless steel chargers with crisp white plates and geometric table linens to complete this sleek look.
- Natural and organic is also a fun trend to make your table look and feel like a moment from a lovely alfresco Tuscan dinner.
- Accent your table with natural wood serving dishes and adorn each place setting with mini wreaths.
- To complete the look, use glass vases filled with flowers with greens tones or simply filled with branches or large leaf stems.
The Right Seating for any Occasion
- To give yourliving room a warm and welcoming feel use subtle wall colors like light shades of coral, glossy ivory, light cyan and combine it with contrasting furniture.
- To accommodate extra people add benches or stools. Decorative stools can also be used as small side tables as well.
- Turn a boring seating area into a trend worthy space by add a rug with geometric patterns in bright colors.
- Switch out those bright-high watt bulbs with lower watts to create a soft glow for evening gatherings.
- Plants and flowers always brighten a dull seating area by adding texture and pops of colour.
- Layer your favorite photos and paintings on a window ledge or shelf above a sofa.
- Create a conversation starter with wall art that reflects something personal – collection of vintage airplane stamps from around the world or black and white photos from your travels.
- Use your favorite quote in a large oversized frame to create art and daily inspiration.
- Select frames of different metals and woods to create an eclectic and energetic look.
- Use paint to create wall art by painting large horizontal strips in tones of blue or teal. This is easy and makes a small room look bigger.