White Bean Salad
This salad provides you with all the nutrients you need in a meal.
How about you share it with a friend or take it the office today?
Notice how full it keeps you.
White Bean Salad
Dried white kidney beans| 1½ cup presoaked in water overnight
Onion| 1 medium, diced
Parsley| 1 cup chopped
Green bell pepper| 1 chopped
Tomato| 2 medium
Lemon or vinegar| freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 lemons)
Garlic| 1 tbsp. mince garlic (3 cloves)
Sea salt| 2 tsp
Olive oil| 1/4 cup or more, to taste
Boiled eggs| 1 peeled and cut into quarters (for added protein add an extra egg)
Salt and black pepper
Few black olives, to garnish
Paprika or sumac powder to sprinkle on eggs (optional)
1. Drain the beans. Place them in a pot filled with water. Boil until tender (but not mushy!), about 1 hour.
2. Drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the onions to the beans.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients to the beans, except the eggs, olive and paprika. Toss to combine.
5. Place on a serving platter.
6. Decorate with the egg wedges and olives. Sprinkle the eggs with paprika or sumac.
* Sumac powder is the ground berries of a sumac bush. It is dark red, almost burgundy in color and has a tangy taste.
Healthytude Tip: To increase your intake of greens and reap the benefits, serve over a bed of greens – lettuce, arugula, and whatever else you have at home.
Yasmine is a Nutrition and Health Coach whose rich professional expertise is complemented by a caring, fun and integrative approach to nutrition and wellbeing. Through Healthytude, her nutrition and health coaching business, Yasmine offers a unique transformative experience. Her talent is making her clients’ nutrition needs reachable while helping them identify the life areas they need the most support with– physical, mental and emotional. As a result, her clients reach the healthiest, happiest, and most productive version of themselves. Follow Yasmine’s journey on Instagram and Facebook.