Watermelon and Feta Salad
Created by Nadia Parekh of Melange Dubai for the Beat Diabetes initiative’s Homey’s Guide to Healthy Ramadan Recipes
Watermelon is in season and at its absolute best right now, juicy, and when served chilled, extremely refreshing. Perfect when it comes to breaking your fast during Ramadan. The addition of crumbly feta cheese, pine nuts, lime, pomegranate and basil creates a well-rounded flavor and nutritional profile.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Assembly: 5 minutes
- ½ a watermelon, diced and seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons crumbled Greek feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Juice of 2 limes
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoon basil, coarsely chopped.
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons reduced balsamic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Make the dressing: mix together the balsamic and olive oil
Imperial College London Diabetes Centre is a one-stop, state-of-the-art, out-patient facility that specializes in diabetes treatment, research, training and public health awareness. The Centre was established in Abu Dhabi by Mubadala Healthcare, in partnership with the UK’s Imperial College London, in 2006.