- In a food processor blend approx. 10 -15 white slices of toast. Place into a large bowl.
- In a pan add a large tablespoon of corn oil, and sweat a chopped white onion until golden then add to the bowl (with its oil).
- Also add 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons of rosemary, 1 teaspoon of sage, 2 large handfuls of sliced beef bacon, add one apple diced into small cubes, add a tsp of orange zest, season with salt and freshly ground pepper now using your (washed) hands mix well.
- After washing and pat drying your turkey, rub butter everywhere (be generous with the butter).
- Stuff the turkey with the bread mix then tie the legs together with a string.
- Season the turkey with salt and fresh pepper, grate some more orange zest all over and drizzle a little olive oil.
- Making sure your hot oven is on 220 degrees and your turkey is covered in foil, place into the oven.
- After a half hour, lower the temperature to 180 degrees and remove the foil. Depending on the size of your turkey (each kilogram is an hour in the oven) keep basting the bird every now and then for it to stay moist.
- Use the juices for the gravy, add a little corn flour to thicken it.
- Serve with steamed broccoli, green beans, glazed carrots, and garlic potatoes, stewed red cabbage, and boiled beetroot.
“I have a great love for cooking different types of cuisines. I enjoy making dishes that are easy, not too time consuming to prepare, full of hearty ingredients and absolutely delicious!! My recipes are easy to follow so please do try this at home…and let me know on MIMI’S RECIPES if you have any questions..”