Nine Natural Beauty Secrets
Homemade beauty recipes can sometimes prove more effective than commercial products.
Below are 9 natural beauty ‘Do It Yourself’ recipes worth giving a try!
1. Forget expensive lotions. Instead of throwing away watermelon or banana peels, lie down and put them on your face for half an hour. It’s incredibly reviving and feels great.
2. For scaly elbows, cut a lemon in half, squeeze out the juice and rest your elbows in the lemon cups for 5-10 minutes. This is a gentle bleaching action and the fruit acid acts as an exfoliate.
3. To make a wonderful body scrub, blend one cup of sea salt (try coarse salt if you can’t find sea salt) with a spoon of almond oil and half a teaspoon of lemon. Massage into damp skin, rinse off with warm water, then pat skin dry and apply body lotion.
4. Vegetable oil is a great cure for dry body skin. Rub a teaspoonful on dry skin before bedtime.
5. Cucumber juice blended in the blender makes an excellent skin freshener.
6. A slice of raw potato rubbed over the face is soothing, especially to irritated areas.
7. For puffy eyes and bags under the eyes, apply a slice of cucumber, raw potato or a damp tea bag on each eye for two minutes.
8.Combine glycerine and rose water (both available in most pharmacies) in a ration of 3:1 to make a moisturizing lotion.
9. Deep-clean dirty hands after gardening of dirty housework with a mixture of salt and little olive oil.
Our extensive collection of articles spans the efforts of over 20 years of work and covers a wide range of topics having to do with family and child care. Our articles are all developed and updated with the assistance and support of leaders in the fields of medicine, nutrition and parenting, among others.