Egyptian Lentil Salad
The star of today’s salad is “lentils”.
Lentils are our go-to vegetarian protein at home.
They are quick and easy to make.
Studies show lentils decrease the risk of obesity, heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
So load up on them and reap the benefits!
Brown lentils| 1 ½ cups
Carrots| 2 finely diced
Spring onions| 4 sliced
Fresh coriander|2 tbsp. chopped *keep some leaves to garnish
Lemons| 2 juiced
Olive oil| 2 tbsp.
Cumin| 1 tsp.
1. Soak the lentils in water overnight.
2. Place the lentils in a pan of salted boiling water and boil for 35 minutes until tender.
3. Boil the carrots in salted water for 5 minutes until slightly softened.
4. In a bowl, combine the drained lentils, drained carrot, spring onion and coriander.
5. In a cup, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, cumin and salt, to taste.
6. Stir the dressing into the lentils and garnish with the fresh coriander leaves.
For added nutrients add radishes and cucumbers and serve over a bed of greens such as lettuce and arugula.
Yasmine is a Nutrition and Health Coach whose rich professional expertise is complemented by a caring, fun and integrative approach to nutrition and wellbeing. Through Healthytude, her nutrition and health coaching business, Yasmine offers a unique transformative experience. Her talent is making her clients’ nutrition needs reachable while helping them identify the life areas they need the most support with– physical, mental and emotional. As a result, her clients reach the healthiest, happiest, and most productive version of themselves. Follow Yasmine’s journey on Instagram and Facebook.