7 Ways To Integrate Healthy Ingredients Into Your Meals
You hear the latest buzzword “eating clean,” everywhere. “Eating clean” is a concept that stresses healthy, whole, unprocessed foods. This means the majority of your food should be fresh. The result? You will lose weight, feel energized and uplifted and make enormous gains to your health and wellbeing.
Here are some tips to I use in my daily life and share with my health coaching clients to help make small changes to integrate “eating clean” into their day-to-day meals. My advice for these tips is to pick one to try per week or every two weeks. This will enable you to adjust the recommendations in a way that works for you. Once you are satisfied with the results, you will adopt it as a habit.
- Identify your local health food suppliers, this ranges from farmers markets, organic section in your local supermarket, health shop and online supplier of health.
- Make a list of your commonly cooked meals of the week and generate your shopping list.
- Make your choice of the week for the ingredients you will substitute. An added benefit is this will enable you to slowly build a healthy pantry.
- Use brown rice, wild rice, quinoa, and other whole grains instead of white rice and pasta. Remember to soak the grains as necessary.
- Switch from store-bought salad dressings to homemade ones using a variety of cold-pressed oils such as olive oil, hemp oil, avocado oil, apple cider vinegar, fresh organic garlic and lemon.
- Use coconut oil, organic grass fed-butter or ghee for cooking. Other oils change molecular structure when heated and become toxic to our bodies.
- Enjoy a rainbow of whole fruits and vegetables. They are nature’s power foods. Make sure you include them in each of your meals!
A great way to keep on track of your healthy changes or additions is to keep a checklist in your calendar so that every time you do something during the day you can check it off. You’ll feel such accomplishment and reward after completing each task! This approach to eating and living well maximizes your energy and optimizes your health, making it more than just a diet. It’s a lifestyle, with built-in flexibility, meaning it can be adapted to fit most any kind of routine.
Yasmine is a Nutrition and Health Coach whose rich professional expertise is complemented by a caring, fun and integrative approach to nutrition and wellbeing. Through Healthytude, her nutrition and health coaching business, Yasmine offers a unique transformative experience. Her talent is making her clients’ nutrition needs reachable while helping them identify the life areas they need the most support with– physical, mental and emotional. As a result, her clients reach the healthiest, happiest, and most productive version of themselves. Follow Yasmine’s journey on Instagram and Facebook.